So it’s definitely time for me to take this blog off of the bookshelf and dust it off a bit.
For those of you who don’t know, today is the one week mark until I go to my internship at the International House of Prayer (IHOP) in Kansas City, Missouri. I’m sooo excited!
I want to use this blog, first as an outlet to pour out everything that I take in while doing the internship – what the Lord is teaching me, how I am growing, areas of conviction, exciting news, random thought blurbs, prayer requests, etc. Second, I am doing this to keep in touch with family and friends who have been supporting me both financially and through prayer. I want to keep you all updated on what you have sewn into and how you can continue to support me through your prayers.
On that note, I would like to express my deepest thanks for those who have been with me as I have been preparing for this new path the Lord is taking me on. I have been so loved, encouraged, and strengthened through the presence of so many in my life.
As I said your prayers are much appreciated and I will continue to ask for them in the months ahead. For now, I ask that you would pray for:
- safe and smooth travels to Kansas City – I haven’t ever flown by myself before, much less had to navigate through an airport… ah, Jesus help me
- the girls I will be living with for the next 3 months – that the Lord would give us all grace to live in closed quarters with one another and for deep relationships to be cultivated
- all others I will encounter – I pray for opportunities to be discipled and to disciple others.
- revelation and growth in spiritual gifts – I desire that the Lord would use me for His kingdom and that he would reveal to me how I may uniquely do so as he has gifted me and I desire that I may grow in my knowledge and understanding of those gifts, that I would use them wisely and with discernment (1 Corinthians 14:1).
- increased knowledge and understanding of the Trinity and how the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit each operates for the purposes of the kingdom as a whole and uniquely in my own life – I have been severely convicted about my small image of who God is and the extent of His power. I want to be in awe of Him and desire that this revelation would stir up within me great humility
- the purging of my human nature – pride, lust, envy, anger, selfishness, the list goes on. I desire to be an empty vessel with nothing to offer God but my body as a living sacrifice unto His glory and fame (Romans 12:1-2).
- sanctification as a new creation in Christ Jesus – it is the cry of my heart that I would be filled to overflowing with the Spirit of the Living God, that all desires of the flesh would no longer be desirable in light of the pleasures of knowing God. I pray that I would pursue holiness, not out of arrogance or pride, but out of humility and because God commands it of His children (Hebrews 12:14; 2 Corinthians 7:1; 1 Thessalonians 4:7)
- a desire and passion for the Word of God – for too long my study of the word has been quite stagnant and I have found in myself a severe lacking in my desire to read and understand it, but the Lord requires that we not only hear His word, but do it as well (James 1:22; Romans 2:13; Matthew 7:24-27; Luke 8:21). So I pray also for the grace to be a reflection of the Word, which is to be a reflection of Christ Jesus himself (John 1)
- a true hunger for God
I could continue, but I doubt the majority of people reading this has made it this far, so I will end by leaving my mailing address which some have asked me for:
Alyson Thompson c/o Fire in the Night
3517 E Red Bridge Rd
Kansas City, MO 64137
I love all of you dearly!